I am an individual, a human being with an identity. I am not a statistic. I am not a number. I am not another one.

I am a mind, a body, and a soul. I think, I feel, and I create. I change, I bring change, and I will make a difference.

Monday, March 31, 2008

An Individual

The word I feel that best describes me is individual. I am not a label, and individual is the best summary of that idea. It implies that there is much more under surface, behind the eyes.

We all are this way, too. I find it sad that some will let just one aspect shadow over every aspect of their character. Atheist, conservative, political, homosexual, anything really. Why focus our development on one adjective when certainly there is more to a person.

I am an artist, a pianist, an academic, a dancer, a fun-lover, a fighter. I am politically charged, introspective, friendly, outspoken, tactful, understanding, and empathetic. I open my mind, I defend my ideas, and I accept others. I am spiritual, agnostic, and homosexual.

Had I defined myself as only one of those things or stood under the label of just one, shadow would cover the rest. We are all individuals; we all stand for something.

I am not like you. You are not like anyone else. I don't want to be like you, and I don't want you to be like me. Minds were not created in a cookie cut. Had the Creator intended that, he would not have bothered creating complex indentities.

I refuse to perscribe to any school of thought that we are all the same, nor any idea that anyone is superior or inferior to others. We are different, but we are equal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great first post. It's good to see that you are more one label can hold you to.

draco said...

:) You're also very poetic