I am an individual, a human being with an identity. I am not a statistic. I am not a number. I am not another one.

I am a mind, a body, and a soul. I think, I feel, and I create. I change, I bring change, and I will make a difference.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To Be in Love with Love

I've been reading a few blogs about a guy seeking out love. As in, he wants love. I definitely am not one of those people; I will take it when it come, but until then I'm fine.

I think being in love with love is a bit unhealthy. It causes a person to wear his heart on his sleeve for anyone to take it. When that happens, awful relationships are more probable. I think this because the person won't evaluate who his interest is, rather he'll evaluate only how much his interest is attracted back.

This is very prevalent in homosexual relationships. A guy will want a boyfriend so bad but only to have a boyfriend. Not a relationship. Sure, it's nice to have someone there; however, it's better if that person wants to be there as much as you do. Homosexual relationships are generally short-lived anyway. It's a general characteristic of them, at least until a guy has matured enough to handle long-term committment and loyalty. Or just becomes good at hiding his cheating, but anyway.

I know I am too young for that sort of long-term committment. I think guys take much more time to achieve any sort of maturity level that is ready for "love." So my general advice is fall out of love with love. Love a person, not a condition. Don't seek it out, let that person come to you. Realize that you are in love, do not conjure it.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

When I got into my relationship, it sort of just hit me without me even knowing it. I wasn't seeking it, and it just happened. It's a great feeling to have a relationship, but we must not just seek out a boyfriend just for the sake of having a boyfriend, but rather to find someone that we want to share our lives with.